System Director, Clinical Education 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The CHRISTUS System Director of Clinical Education works under the direction of the System VP and Chief Academic Officer to direct the CHRISTUS Health Office of Academics to achieve CHRISTUS Health academic objectives. He/she will be responsible for developing and executing strategy for enhancement of academic capacity at CHRISTUS. He/she will be assisting the DIO in the oversight of graduate medical education (GME) programs and developing and implementing new GME programs. He/she will also be developing and managing affiliation agreements with academic partners in all areas of clinical education and training; continuing medical education; and simulation centers and training sites across the CHRISTUS System.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in relevant field of medicine and/or biomedical sciences
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire and challenge groups and individuals whose goals and objectives may differ.
- Ability to partner and delegate within a matrix structure, empowering personnel to achieve results.
- Recognizable comfort interacting with physicians and staff.
- Evidence of the highest integrity, stamina, energy, tenacity, and patience.
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills; experienced public speaker in one-on-one or large group settings. Ability to effectively articulate and communicate a compelling vision.
- Ability and confidence to act as highly visible leader who can motivate physicians and staff to achieve new heights and effectively engage industry, government, community leaders and prospective donors in successfully building programs.
- Ability to successfully integrate the organization's goals and objectives into everyday operations.
- Proven practice in building internal and external relationships with stakeholders and potential partners.
- Willingness to educate at all levels and value the role of education.
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, management, communication, negotiation, analytic, and team building skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience in a university, medical school, or complex academic health center environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in clinical education and training preferably in an academic environment.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations governing Graduate Medical Education
- Experience in working with accreditation agencies such as ACGME, etc.
- Experience in developing and managing GME programs
- Knowledge of current and future trends in continuing education for physicians and experience with education delivery systems.
- Evidence of passion for healthcare research and health professional education and training.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans in clinical education and training.