System Engineer- Major Accounts-Dallas - 7976
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Palo Alto Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Systems Engineer for Major Accounts is directly responsible for the technical sales motion for his/her targeted prospects and customers. The focus is on ensuring that our customers and prospects have the strongest security posture possible by selling and correctly implementing the complete Palo Alto Networks solution.
* Exceed quota
* Penetrate new accounts
* Expand the Palo Alto Networks footprint within existing accounts
* Proactively address challenges and issues as they arise leading with proposed solutions
* Within 3 months, understand and be able to clearly articulate the Palo Alto Networks technical value proposition
* Within 3 months, understand and be able to effectively demonstrate the Palo Alto Networks solution
* Within 4 months, lead evaluations and proof of concepts that clearly demonstrate the compelling differentiators of the Palo Alto Networks product portfolio inclusive of setting the proper evaluation criteria, installing the Palo Alto Networks solution in the prospects network, high level training of the solution, and completion and presentation of an AVR/ERR.
* Within 4 months, understand and be prepared to utilize the escalation process and contacts
* Within your first 6 months, understand and effectively lead conversations with your customers and prospects on the top 5 use cases for the Palo Alto Networks solution
* Within your first 6 months, understand and document the functional and operational pain points, unaddressed security needs, and existing network and security infrastructure of your top 5 customers and prospects
* Within your first 6 months, own and create architecture documents, which clearly articulate the technical and commercial benefits of the Palo Alto Networks solution including the security, operations, and ROI impacts of your top customers and prospects.
* Within your first 6 months, leverage the architecture documents as effective collateral for your customer and prospects internal selling or as unsolicited proposals which allow your customers and prospects to significantly improve their security posture
* Within 6 months, proactively contribute best practice, security update, competitive, and process improvement information to your district, regional teams, product marketing, and product management
* Within 9 months, clearly differentiate and effectively position the Palo Alto Networks solution against our top 4 competitor s solutions
* Within 9 months, identify and develop relationships with the key partner SEs associated with your prospects and customers ensuring their understanding and ability to properly position the Palo Alto Networks solution
* Within 9 months, identify and develop relationship with the key security and network architects, engineers, and operations teams within your top accounts
* Within 9 months, act as a mentor for new SEs within your district or region
* Within 12 months, proactively bring new and inventive ways to position the Palo Alto Networks solution to our customers and prospects
* Self starter
* BS, CS/EE, or related (or equivalent work experience)
* 5+ years of experience as a pre-sales Systems Engineer
* 3+ years experience selling to and supporting large / major accounts
* Industry knowledge of security and network product market trends
* Detailed understanding of competitive selling strategies
* Strong problem solving skills
* An ability to see the big picture and solve problems in a holistic, non-linear fashion
* 50-75% travel within region.
* Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
* Salesforce.com experience desirable
* Directional awareness of Palo Alto Network s product portfolio and technology development efforts
* In-depth knowledge of competitive products and networking trends
* Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
* Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
* Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security infrastructure products
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.