System Engineer-Major Accounts-Houston-7931 - 7931
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks Senior Pre-Sales Systems Engineer (SrSE), you are a senior member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers networks and driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks market leading security products and services.
You are the senior technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner own the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you are recognized as one of the top senior members of the sales engineering team and you have exceeded all Palo Alto Networks SE2 responsibilities and expectations, or you have the equivalent senior industry experience and success. You have consistently demonstrated excellence in performance and sales goal achievement. You bring a mature and experienced SE capability to Palo Alto Networks and you are often involved in the largest and most complex opportunities. You have the ability to coordinate and leverage all assets of our company, from support, to professional services, to product management, to engineering, to our executives.
* Lead strategic conversations about Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions.
* Create and deliver compelling demonstrations and proof-of-concept architectures of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions that clearly differentiates from competitors or legacy security solutions and definitively positions the Palo Alto Networks platform.
* Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape, including speaking at conferences and large scale customer events.
* Identify innovative ways to position strategic security architecture and platform solutions that create new opportunities, and support the technical presales activities to opportunity closure.
* Proactively expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts and establish creative and innovative ways to expand the strategic architecture and platform position.
* Maintain strategic partner relationships and effectively lead channel partner enablement and engagement at senior levels; Lead in a channel-driven sales model.
* Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of the Palo Alto Networks platform and clearly emphasize the weaknesses of competitors, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
* Drive strategic customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps to ensure the continued innovation of the Palo Alto Networks security platform.
* Understand and effectively differentiate from competitive technologies and solutions and identify major competitor product directions and strategies.
* Lead strategic customers through the support escalation process, including senior technical executive engagement during support escalations with customers, if necessary.
* Demonstrate subject-matter expertise and actively lead knowledge transfer and technical experience with the broader team through the development of training, documentation, whitepapers, etc.
* Act as a mentor for new SEs, or as a senior technical resource in your district or region.
* Actively lead in technical communities of interest and focus on certain technologies, including subject-matter expertise in one or more specific technologies.
* Technical competence: Extensive knowledge of all Palo Alto Networks products; deep understanding of competitive technologies; subject-matter expertise in some technologies; Extensive knowledge of complementary technologies and solutions; Continuous technical development.
* Agenda setting: Consistently crafts and adapts the Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for network security platform to customer requirements; Proficient in identifying problems in customer environments and leading strategic conversations in Palo Alto Networks solutions; Strategic relationships with customers at field and technical management levels, and effectively engages at all technical and business levels, including up to executives.
* Professional skills: Exceeds all expectations in customer facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem solving skills; Mentors others in their development and experience; maintains a very professional reputation with customers and channel partners; works independently and requires no supervision.
* Attitude: Always takes full responsibility for own actions and for the extended team; self-motivated and proactive in all engagements; Always exhibits a positive attitude and always looks to be part of the solution, not the problem; demonstrates a whatever-it-takes mentality to get things done; Dependable, never makes excuses, and always delivers.
* Teamwork: Is an undisputed leader within the immediate team and with channel partners; Always the first to offer to help in any and all engagement; Always involved in the largest and most complex opportunities in the district or region; Proactively leads productive engagement with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team; A mentor to others
* Experience and established success as an SE2, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience.
* Extensive domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required as necessary.
* Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
* Candidates should have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
* Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
* Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress.
* Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills.
* BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator.
* Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
* Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing).
* Significant industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends.
* Extensive knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies.
* Extensive experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
* Experience with, or knowledge of, modern datacenter and cloud infrastructure and technology.
* Experience with, or knowledge of, modern network threats and malware.
* Experience with, or knowledge of, network forensics and incident response.
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.