System Installation Technican
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Brady Trane Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: The ACC System Installation Technician willInstall and configure Access Control Systems, Analog & IP CCTV Systems, DVR's & NVR's, Burglar Alarms, Intercom systems and Telephone Entry Systems , and associated diagnose and repair of equipment and configurations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Interface with customer personnel developing relationships and demonstrating systems; providing training as needed.
* Use technical manuals and interface with manufacturer's technical support to troubleshoot problems
* Examine systems to locate problems such as loose connections or broken insulation.
* Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
* Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, and video cameras, and attach electrical and telephone wiring in order to connect components.
* Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
* Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets; then position and terminate cables, wires and strapping.
* Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
* Adjust sensitivity of units based on room structures and manufacturers' recommendations, using programming keypads.
* Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
* Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, and floors.
* Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to work overtime/weekends as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High school degree or equivalency is required; Electronic Trade School is preferred;
* 5 years of maintenance/ installation experience is required.
* Familiarity in the following:
* CCTV: Exacq , Milestone, Video Insight, Avigilon, etc.
* Access Control: Open Options, Software House, Amag, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Driver's License, proof of insurance