System Integration And Test Engineer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
US and coalition military forces count on ViaSat for secure satellite and wireless networking systems and services that deliver reliable, affordable communications beyond the reach of traditional wired networks. During the chaos of combat, warfighters need fast, secure communications and instant access to information. ViaSat helps warfighters and commanders access and share trusted intel from any location to make better decisions faster. As the world's leading experts in high-capacity satellite communications, military-grade cybersecurity, and line-of-sight data links, we apply fearless innovation, unconventional thinking, and ingenuity to bring game-changing, life-saving capabilities to warfighters on the battlefield. No matter where the mission goes across air, land, or sea, ViaSat keeps service members connected with real-time access to video, voice, and data communications.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working with cutting-edge SATCOM and networking technologies Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference If so, come join our Global Mobile Broadband team as a System Integration and Test Engineer and be integral to supporting new and existing satellite service programs. We are developing technology and products that are revolutionizing the satellite communications industry by providing unprecedented speed and coverage to mobile platforms across the globe.
In this role you will help integrate and test full SATCOM systems including remote modems, antenna systems, and ground station equipment. You will interface and collaborate with system, software, and hardware engineers as new capabilities are developed and transitioned into service. In addition, you will provide support to service engineering to help support an operational global network when support is required from development or test.
* 5+ years' SystemEngineering or Integration experience
* Experience with networking (TCP, UDP, Multicast, etc.) and network devices.
* Knowledge and experience with a programming or scripting language (i.e. C/C++, Java, Python, Perl, or other)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
* U.S. Government position. U.S. Citizenship required.
* Ability to travel up to 10%
* Linux/Unix experience Understanding or experience with RF systems and equipment Knowledge of Cisco networking equipment Knowledge of Python.
* Experience with test automation development
* Experience with SATCOM
* Knowledge of test tools such as Ixia or IxChariot
* Secret Clearance a plus
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite you'll never want to leave our beautiful campus.