System Operating Procedure (SOP) Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
SYSTEM OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP) COORDINATOR
JOB ID 20163100 DATE POSTED 09/07/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Administer the SOP process to ensure safety, reliability, cost and efficiency of gas service on National Grid s Gas Transmission and Distribution systems. Support Control Room Management Federal Guidelines by following and enhancing all enterprise wide safety processes. Train Gas System Operators and Field personnel on how to safely execute SOP s and follow National Grids Golden rules clause. Enhance all SOP programming system issues to allow the field to have access 24/7 to the operating system.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Ensure that the process to create and approve Sop s is followed.
* Coordinate SOP problem resolution with the various groups who are a part of the SOP process.
* Provide training and guidance on the SOP process to personnel who utilize the SOP Application.
* Support and drive the continuous improvement of the SOP process within National Grid.
* Review and approve Sop s submitted.
* Provide daily support to Gas System Operators as Sop s are executed by Field personnel.
* Respond to abnormal gas system events in order to correct the situation.
* Maintain Gas System Operator qualifications in order to operate the gas system as a Gas System Operator.
* Normal work schedule is Mon Fri normal business hours. May be assigned to work 12 hour rotating shift work that includes weekends and holidays as a back up to the normal Gas Control Operators.
* Suggest improvements to reduce outage time and customer impact.
* Coordinate outage problem resolution with all involved parties.
* Deliver clear and concise applications to the Control Room.
* Address concerns & questions from Control Center personnel.
* Provide assistance during restoration.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* An Engineering Bachelor's Degree or related technical degree is desirable plus a professional qualification.
* Knowledge of SOP process, Gas Work Methods, Standards and Procedures desirable.
* Requires knowledge of computer applications SOP, Small World and Synergee.
* Demonstrated computer skills, including use of standard Windows applications.
* Attention to Detail (3): Monitors quality of others work, checks to ensure procedures within the Energy Control Center are followed.
* Analytical Thinking (3): Sees multiple relationships, identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation that will have an impact on safety, reliability, security and integrity of the network.
* Teamwork and Collaboration (3): Values learning from others' input and expertise, actively includes team members in conversation and looks for mutually beneficial solutions within the Energy Control Center.
* Drive for Results (3): Sets and strives to meet challenging, but realistic goals to improve performance of the Energy Control Center.
Employees selected for this classification will be required to participate in federally mandated drug testing programs prior to selection, randomly on a year-round basis, after an accident and for reasonable cause. Employees selected for this classification will be required to pass Gas Control Operator Qualification program
Employees selected for this classification will also be required to pass Gas Control s Operator Qualification program, and successfully complete CRM vision and hearing screening, every three years.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Control Center Ops
:Control Center Ops
:Sep 7, 2016, 8:04:38 AM
:Oct 6, 2016, 11:59:00 PM