System Plant Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
WOW! Internet,Cable, and Phone (Knology, Inc)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary:
Total maintenance duties for fiber, field and distribution system in outside plant in compliance with company technical standards. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the copper phone plant from the customer premise to the central office location
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
Assess, repair and maintain outside plant, fiber, distribution, field electronics and general plant
* Connect peripheral equipment
* Train customers on proper use of equipment
* Monitor, repair and record system, drop, and in-house leakage
* Troubleshoot from consumer device to tap
* Troubleshoot, repair and replace components from tap to consumer device
* Assure system security by terminating unused ports and tag drops and locking pedestals
* Take voltage measurements
* Understand/apply FCC and NESC technical standards
* Identify and report all incidents of noncompliance (FCC, NESC, OSHA and WOW standards)
* Provide superior customer service
* Complete all tasks to WideOpenWest quality standards
* Maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
* Maintain excellent attendance
* Responsible for motor vehicle per company policy including equipment & tool inventory, vehicle security and vehicle maintenance
* Replaces defective/damaged tap plates and installs new taps.
* Troubleshoot/repair problems between customer equipment, amps and the RF of the optical node.
* Test, maintain, splice, repair and replace coax cable.
* Install rigid and semi-rigid coax cable (underground and aerial).
* Troubleshoot/repair problems with RF, AC, DC portion of forward and reverse plant for transmission levels, signal losses and other interference.
* Perform routine balancing, aligning and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals from output of the node.
* Perform underground and aerial construction duties associated with CATV operations.
* Test coax cable using signal level meters, volt-OHM meters, spectrum analyzers and compares findings with documentation.
* Perform network troubleshooting including ping test, trace routes and speed test.
* Install power supply and performs field engineering walkouts.
* Other duties as assigned - which may include training other employees
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled