System Product Safety Electro Mechanical or Equipment Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSystem/Product Safety Electro Mechanical or Equipment Design EngineerJob ID:
System/Product SafetyElectro Mechanical or Equipment DesignEngineer Job Code:
SIS20161506-12396 Job Location:
Rochester, NY Job Description:* Proactively drives system safety and product safety initiatives, and leads implementation of, and compliance with program specific system safety plans, and system safety best practices, in general across all of SIS.
* Drives implementation of common system safety practices across all of SIS
* Preparation of program specific system safety program plan for complex, electro-optical systems
* Performs and documents preliminary, subsystem, and operating and support hazard analyses
* Performs and documents product safety analyses and checklists consistent with Harris corporate product safety policies and mandates
* Leads product safety certification process for equipment by engaging 3rdparty contractor (Underwriters Lab, Intertek, etc.).
* Participates in design reviews for both product and support equipment to address system safety and product safety issues
* Review/approve manufacturing instructions, test plans, test procedures to ensure safety of product, support equipment, manufacturing and test personnel, facilities, the environment, and the product end users
* Present system safety and product safety issues in design and technical reviews with Harris personnel, Harris subcontractors, Harris associate contractors, and customer participation
* Partners with quality engineering, mission assurance, and specialty engineering to resolve test failure
* Drives Harris system safety and product safety processes and requirements with contractors to ensure compliance with system safety requirements flow down
* Function as Harris point-of-contact with customers for all program specific safety issues
* Monitors critical hardware moves and lifts, and critical assembly and test operations on the factory floor. This often requires extended periods of time standing and walking in the manufacturing and integration areas of the facility
* Proactively supports new contract proposal teams to interpret system and product safety requirements and provide estimate of man-hours, travel, etc. for inclusion in proposal/bid documentation. Strong communications skill both verbal and written is required. Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record in accomplishing the necessary culture changes that must be made to successfully implement operational and protocol changes in an industrial environment. Qualifications:* Education:
ME, EE, IE, Safety Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience
* 0 - 2 years with (Masters)
* 3+ years with BS (Bachelors)
* 7+ years with 2 years post-Secondary/AA-AS Degree
* 11+ years with no Degree Preferred Additional Skills / Experience:* Previous product safety experience, domestic and international
* Failure modes and effects analysis
* Fault tree analysis
* Hazard analysis preparation
* Basic understanding of electronics, optics, and digital image capture and processing techniques
* Working experience with the requirements of Working of MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-1629, MIL-HDBK-217, AFSCMAN 91-710, IEC/UL 61010-1, UL 508, NFPA 70, NFPA 79, REACH, ROHS, WEEE This position requires the ability to climb stairs and ladders, to don personal fall protection gear, and requires extended periods of standing in a cleanroom environment (up to 8 hours). Please be aware this position requires a TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --EHS, Operations Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NY - Rochester .