This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
Post-sale installation, optimization, maintenance, and management of E911 communication systems. Focuses on maintaining optimal performance levels across an integrated system.
Performs system hardware and software installation and optimization.
Supports the telco interfaces of larger systems as well as the LAN/WAN networking links.
Multi-site trunked systems, integrated network systems, and communication hubs.
- Providing documentation of system configuration, optimization, and testing
- Performing initial build of ECW system hardware including installation of servers, gateways, modems, routers, switches, cable management, labeling, etc.
- Performing pre-installation site configuration audits and assist in gathering project requirements.
- Performing onsite installation tasks including cable pulls, backboard installation, punch down of new lines, installation of rack or cabinet and associated equipment, etc.
- On time submission of weekly status reports and expense reports and must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties with or without direct supervision
- 3+ years of experience as an electronics or field service technician/technologist or specialist or specialist or field service experience in other industry
- Understands technology, system interfaces, and functionality of the system. Understands requirements of system optimization, verification, and audit testing in ensuring system performance.
- Ability to instruct others in the technical aspects of the system.
- Knowledge of computer systems and Intermediate knowledge of networking.
- Ability to use computer to perform diagnostics remotely or locally across a network.
- Ability to learn to use computer operating systems and common application for characterizing and resolving issues for multiple technologies. (Example: Linux, DOS, Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/Windows 7).
- Beginning knowledge of hardware and software tools available for both Analog and Digital telephony.
- Investigates opportunities to use new tool solutions.
- Willing to learn new technology and practices
- Quick learner
- Willing to work extra to learn skills required for position
0 - 1
3+ years of experience as an electronics or field service technician/technologist or specialist or field service experience in other industry.