This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
WOW! Internet,Cable, and Phone (Knology, Inc)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary:
Total maintenance duties for fiber, field and distribution system in outside plant in compliance with company technical standards. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the copper phone plant from the customer premise to the central office location
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
Assess, repair and maintain outside plant, fiber, distribution, field electronics and general plant
* Connect peripheral equipment
* Train customers on proper use of equipment
* Monitor, repair and record system, drop, and in-house leakage
* Troubleshoot from consumer device to tap
* Troubleshoot, repair and replace components from tap to consumer device
* Assure system security by terminating unused ports and tag drops and locking pedestals
* Take voltage measurements
* Understand/apply FCC and NESC technical standards
* Identify and report all incidents of noncompliance (FCC, NESC, OSHA and WOW standards)
* Provide superior customer service
* Complete all tasks to WideOpenWest quality standards
* Maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
* Maintain excellent attendance
* Responsible for motor vehicle per company policy including equipment & tool inventory, vehicle security and vehicle maintenance
* Replaces defective/damaged tap plates and installs new taps.
* Troubleshoot/repair problems between customer equipment, amps and the RF of the optical node.
* Test, maintain, splice, repair and replace coax cable.
* Install rigid and semi-rigid coax cable (underground and aerial).
* Troubleshoot/repair problems with RF, AC, DC portion of forward and reverse plant for transmission levels, signal losses and other interference.
* Perform routine balancing, aligning and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals from output of the node.
* Perform underground and aerial construction duties associated with CATV operations.
* Test coax cable using signal level meters, volt-OHM meters, spectrum analyzers and compares findings with documentation.
* Perform network troubleshooting including ping test, trace routes and speed test.
* Install power supply and performs field engineering walkouts.
* Other duties as assigned - which may include training other employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED required; three to four years of experience and related associates degree or equivalent combination of experience, training and education; supervisory or management experience preferred.
Word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to work while standing most of the time
* Ability to walk or work over all types of terrain, in all types of weather
* Ability to carry tools and equipment including gaffs, ladders, tool belts
* Ability to work in tight spaces while bending, twisting and reaching
* Ability to climb poles using gaffs hooks and climbing belts
* Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 28' & 75lbs)
* Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
* Ability to perform work in elevated places (i.e., roofs and utility poles)
* Ability to use drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers and other hand tools
* Ability to work with small components
* Ability to use close vision, peripheral vision and adjust focus
* Ability to work in poorly vented areas such as attics, in extreme temperatures
* Ability to move, crawl, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, push, and grasp
* Ability to lift up to 90 pounds
* Physically able to operate computer equipment and test equipment
* Ability to work in environments that may have dust, dirt, noise, insects and cleaning solutions
* Ability to work safely near power lines and electrical equipment
* Ability to drive Company vehicles in a safe manner
* Must be able to meet the physical limit requirements of personal protective equipment, aerial lift equipment, ladders and/or gaffs that may be used in this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled