Technical Application Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONresponsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization. Responsibilities SPSS Support is a teamwork driven entity that supports Motorola Solutions software and services we provide to public safety entities.
The Smart Public Safety Solutions Support System Technologist is a front-line customer facing position that supports and configures the hardware and software used in government system implementations. Selected technicians will be responsible for tracking, updating, and driving progress for their assigned cases. Technicians will also be expected to track and report case progress within a ticket tracking software. Customer facing meetings to discuss case progress will be required, therefore strong interpersonal skills and the ability/willingness to effectively communicate is absolutely crucial. Customer satisfaction will be top priority.
* 3+ Associates Degree OR 3+ years experience within a technical support environment, public safety preferred.
* Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract
* Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems (Active Directory)
* Linux Operating System familiarity highly desirable
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Web servers
* Virtualization Software
* Network Load Balancing and Clustering
* Network Services (DNS, IP, HOSTS, Routing)
* Hardware Blades and SAN's
* Experience in the Information Technology field
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Basic understanding of technical support center operation
* Install, configure, and support Motorola Solutions software
* Install and configure required 3rd party software packages
* Answer customer questions regarding application usage and administration
* Create and update technical documentation
* Log information within internal case tracking systems
* Provide live telephone support
* Validate, troubleshoot, characterize, and prioritize reported product issues
* Ability to work effectively as an individual, as well as within a team
* Ability and willingness to build upon existing skill sets
* Ability to work nights and weekends.
* Willingness to provide overnight on-call / backup on-call support in certain situations Experience Required
3 - 5
Associates Degree OR 3+ years experience within a technical support environment public safety preferred. This is a 3rd Shift Position -Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract.