System Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
We have an urgent opening for a SYSTEM TEST ENGINEER. This is a CONTRACT position based in GERMAN TOWN, MD.
POSITION : System Test Engineer
LOCATION: German town, MD
DURATION: 12+ Months
JOB DESCRIPTION :
* Experienced in System Engineering, Integration Testing
* Work experience on Linux/unix OS
* Traffic generation tools - Ixload IExplorer, Spirent
* NoSQL database
* Cisco switches, firewalls, routers
* Networking protocols and technologies (TCP, UDP, routing, VLAN, VPN, multicast, BGP, firewalls, access lists, tunneling, etc)
* RF Sub Systems, Wireless or Satcom technologies
* Experience with continuous integration test environments (like Jenkins) and automation frameworks
* Experience with white box testing, test automation and code analysis frameworks
* Experience in requirements analysis, test planning, unit and integrated test case creation, test data preparation, test execution and test status reporting.
* Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical and investigative/problem-solving skills
* Ability to function effectively in a fast paced and somewhat chaotic environment and manage continuously changing business needs; excellent multi-tasking and time management skills required
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Review product requirements and specifications
* Develop detailed test plans to support the testing efforts
* Work with engineering to design and implement automated testing applications
* Work with engineers, managers, Product management, and Operations team to develop innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance scalability, reliability, and adherence to testing goals, and principles
* Define the quality criteria and the success metrics for various products and services.
* Bring in test traceability by identifying detailed use cases and their corresponding test case mapping. Measure and improve the effectiveness of existing functional test cases. Measure and improve test coverage for all system components.
* Assist in estimating testing efforts, planning implementations, and rolling out system changes.
* Collaborate, have fun, and make a difference.
Looking forward to hear from you.