System Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Diego, CA
3010 Cubic Defense Applications, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Perform system-level testing activities for a project team in accordance with contractual requirements, MIL-STDs (military standards) and Data Item Descriptions (DID). This position typically works independently with results reviewed under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will exercise discretionary decision-making authority. This position is for System Test of multiple Air Range programs, specifically for aircraft-to-aircraft and aircraft-to-ground operations and integration of weapon simulation capabilities, in support of real-time tactical air combat training and live, virtual, constructive training.
ESSENSTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES:
* Read and understand contractual and derived requirements and follow MIL-STDs and DIDs
* Establish test requirements and associated methods including the determination of the appropriate equipment.
* Generate required test plans, detailed procedures, and reports coordinated with the Systems Engineer
* Ensure that test procedures fully and efficiently verify contractual requirements and devices under test meet quality and workmanship standards
* Present test plans and status, both internally and at formal contractual reviews
* Track progress and generate test related metrics
* Assist Systems Engineering in planning systems integration activities
* Perform integration level testing consistent with the integration plan/approach
* Interface with other engineering and manufacturing personnel and customers to aid in planning and execution of test-related efforts
* Communicate test observations and circumstances to the Design Engineering staff to aid in the resolution of said observations.
* Attend Test Readiness Reviews (as required) to report trainer readiness for test
* Under the direction of the Systems Engineer, sets parameters and criteria to provide best trade-off for ensuring verification of product quality at the least impact to program cost and schedule.
* Evaluate when a contractual requirement is testable, or must be covered by some other method, such as analysis or certification
* Conduct System Acceptance Tests at Customer Facilities
* Travel as part of a team to Customer Facilities for a period of weeks to accomplish system installation and acceptance test
* On site activities will include briefing Customer pilots on specific maneuvers they must perform to verify system requirements
* Customer facilities may be anywhere in the world, including the Middle East
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year college degree in an Engineering or Scientific Discipline plus 2 years related experience. Experience must be directly related to the planning and performance of system level testing. Experience must include performing test activities without requiring direct supervision. DOD and simulation-related systems test experience preferred. AS9100, SEI CMMI, and/or Lean/Agile development knowledge and experience preferred. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Able to prioritize, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Demonstrate people-oriented practices. Must have strong presentation and organizational skills. Ability to keep detailed records of work in a database or spreadsheet. Must be U.S. Citizen able to obtain Secret Clearance and pass background investigation. Current security clearance is a plus.