System Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Participate in the Agile development of the test strategy and create test cases for assigned features.
* Evaluate hardware and software features by documenting, automating and executing feature and system level test cases.
* Perform feature, integration, system test and regression testing on new software and hardware.
* Perform scalability tests and evaluate compliance to specifications.
* Develop and execute tests to validate customer use cases.
* Work closely with product development teams to understand testing requirements and provide feedback on the architecture and designs.
* Reproduce field issues and validate their resolution.
* Use traffic generators for video, data and voice related testing.
* Perform and analyze data packet captures.
* Perform hands-on troubleshooting and debugging of issues.
* Collaborate closely with local and remote test engineers and development engineers at all Calix sites.
* Travel to customer sites to support early field trials or network deployment in labs as neccessary.
* 3+ years of experience in a telecommunication centric test environment.
* 2+ years of experience testing in one or more of the following areas: virtualization, SDN/NVF, User interfaces including NETCONF, Security/Pen/Fuzz/Vulnerability/conformance, and application level testing of products deployed in large national carriers.
* 2+ years of experience with data communications or telecommunications product testing in one or more of the following areas: GFAST, GPON, Active Ethernet, XDSL, MoCA, HPNA, Wireless, RSTP, BGP, G.8032 as well as , WLAN (802.11), , TR69, Video, L2 and L3 protocols.
* 2+ years of experience developing automation using one or more of the following languages: Python, TCL, Perl, Ruby, Java,
* Experience with packet capture tools (wireshark, tcpdump), iperf, wireline simulators, traffic generators and other networking test and evaluation tools.
* Knowledge PPP, PPPoA VLANs, QoS, ATM
* Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, SIP, RTP, UPNP.
* BSCS, BSEE or equivalent.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both on a proactive, planned, project basis as well as a crisis/problem recovery situation.
* Must be detail-oriented and proactively communicate status, issues, and support needs to appropriate manager(s).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical
Calix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calix is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Calix does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.