System Test Intern 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE SubCom is seeking a System Test Intern for Summer 2017 at our Eatontown, NJ location.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Assist system test engineers in a required upgrade of the System Test Lab. Intern candidate tasks include:
* Router configuration
* RAU configuration
* TEMS server and workstation maintenance
* Assist the NMS and TEMS system test engineers in:
* Simulator scripting for PM Threshold testing and alarm toggling testing
* TEMS and NMS application upgrades
* NMS and TEMS regression testing
* Current Junior or Senior enrolled in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree program
* Candidate be familiar with LINUX/UNIX and basic programming and/or UNIX scripting
* Knowledge of computer networking, PC/server hardware, and routers would be a plus