Systems Administration II-C (2012896)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Warner Robins, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
System Administrators must have experience in IT environments, or experience in software development environment. The performance tasks include information technology support in system administration, network administration, application administration, database administration, and computer security support for a broad range of UNIX, Solaris, and PC based computer systems, and weapon system software/hardware; along with application troubleshooting and testing .
This position will be at Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, GA.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Under general supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
* Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
* Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
* Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
* Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
* Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
* Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
* Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
* Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
* Maintain and administer multiple servers, databases and major application software, across multiple major systems.
* Performs major upgrades and regular patching of servers, databases and application software for development and production.
* Recommends changes for future consideration to improve security, performance, capacity, reliability and cost benefit for systems with large numbers of users and critical reliability and performance.
* Defines and implements Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans for assigned systems and databases.
* Systems administrator support, configures, administers and maintains clustered, failover, redundant network servers providing file, print application, web and network services (DHCP, DCs, PXE, SAN, NAS, etc.).
* Configure; administers and maintains virtual database servers providing redundant host servers and assigns appropriate resources, vCPU, vMemory, vNetwork, vStorage, etc.
* Recommended changes to system architectures (server, database and software), policies and procedures consistent with established plans.
* Performs project management for server, database and application software upgrades.
* Provide assistance and guidance to Information Technology System Administration I, when needed on more difficult technical problems and tasks.
* Maintains job knowledge by studying state of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Associates Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience with 2+ year s experience or minimum 6 year s experience with no degree or ISR IT systems.
* Security+ or other 8570 Certification required.
* One of the following certifications required: CISSP, MCSA or CCNA.
* Experience with; Windows Server or Shell Scripting, or Linux (RedHat), or VMWare, or Storage/Cloud technologies, or Cisco IOS, or DNS/LDAP/HPOV and Active Directory, or experience in UNIX environment, or Solaris environment or WebLogic Administration.
* 2+ years experience with at least one of the following: Electronic Warfare, Radar, Sensors and Fusion, Communications, Navigation, Identification, Tactical Data Links and Networks, Information Assurance, Avionics OFPs, Support Equipment, Simulations, or Systems Integration preferred.
* Ability to utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
* Make decisions using sound judgement while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principals and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
* Experience analyzing, evaluating, development and implementing processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
* Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
* Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
* Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
* Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
* Interest in new technologies and the ability to adopt to those new technologies.
* High level of drive and ability to learn.
* Ability to lead a team and carry development workload.
* ***Candidate MUST HAVE a Top Secret / SCI Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
* A professional attitude regarding attention to detail and customer service and excellent organizational skills are required
* The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
* Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment
* Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ( SSA ) and/or the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) of your authorization to work in the United States
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future.
Telos and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Warner Robins, , United States