Systems Administrator (Air4)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:
* Monitor and maintain Travelport s TPF GDS systems (Apollo, Galileo, Worldspan, PGR, Deltamatic, Delta OSS, and Travelport test systems)
* Identify and resolve potential issues via collaboration with other team members and 2nd/3rd level support teams
* Perform entry level testing/debugging of software, databases, and network devices
* Comprehend new engineering ideas and concepts and apply them to create solutions
* Log service affecting incidents in Travelport s ticketing tool Service Desk Manager (SDM)
* Participate with 2nd and 3rd level support teams in critical activities on the TPF systems (Pool and database expansions, Infrastructure upgrades, and software upgrades)
* Maintain link connectivity to external systems, including links to Amadeus, Sabre, and Sita, and other Airline s providing content to Travelport systems.
Qualified Candidates will possess:
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology or minimum 2 years providing end-user technical support such as a helpdesk
* Strong academic performance with a minimum GPA 3.0
* Entry level understanding of current software development strategies and technologies
* Entry level understanding of some programming language(s), including C, C++, Assembler, Python, and SQL Server
* Basic understanding and working knowledge of corporate productivity applications such as Microsoft Office and Skype for Business
* Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking abilities
* Self-starting, good communicator, and energetic.