This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Federal Government practice as a Systems Administrator. In this role, you will define, design and implement network communications and solutions. You will also propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system, and resolve problems within the scope of the workgroup.
* Monitors and controls client or network processing hardware, software code and/or routines.
* Configures and maintains firewalls, switches, storage devices, and other network devices.
* Installs, maintains, and updates software for network/client-specific tools, editors, OEM utilities, macros, and subroutines.
* Develops and reviews control instructions and documentation.
* Prepares and conducts system and program tests requiring the interfacing of hardware and software of moderate complexity.
* Troubleshoots hardware, software, or performance problems on the systems network. ; may repair imaging hardware.
* Serves as contact for user-reported problems.
* Installs and modifies hardware/software products for systems as required.
* Compiles reports on system performance and/or usage.
* Verifies, tracks, and resolves user and/or system problems.
* Develops training material and/or conducts demonstrations.
* Assists with documentation projects, as needed.
* Assists in planning for network modifications, expansions, or replacements.
* Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
* Installs and administers SAS software solutions and any required supporting products.
* Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
* Bachelor s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
* Five years of relevant experience.
* Must be familiar with Windows 7+, Windows Server 2008+, and Linux Centos 6/7
* Must be familiar with applying SP800-53 requirements and (optionally) use of security scanning and monitoring tools.
* Active Top Secret SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
* Knowledge of two or more operating systems
* Superior problem-solving skills
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of SAS products, peripheral technologies, and implementation best practices.
* Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs.
* Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn