Systems Administrator - Asterisk Required
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Systems Administrator - Asterisk Required
LOCATION: Southington, CT
JOB ID: 08/31/16-01
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Yarde Metals is a world-class metals distributor with a reputation for delivering quality products the first time, on-time, every time. We are recognized as an Employer of Choice and employ some of the most experienced and talented associates in the metals industry.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO JOIN AN ORGANIZATION THAT OFFERS EXCELLENT BENEFITS, CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES, AND A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT VALUES ITS ASSOCIATES THEN YARDE METALS IS THE PLACE TO BE!
We looking for a SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR to join the IT Team located in our corporate office in Southington, Connecticut.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Yarde Metals IT is seeking a Systems Administrator with experience implementing, maintaining and supporting a multi-server Asterisk Telephone system, utilizing technologies such as Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), T.38, G.711, ADTRAN access devices, etc., integration with Hylafx for fax transmission and other telephony systems.
A successful candidate will have certifications and/or additional experience implementing, maintaining and supporting technologies similar to the following:
* Cisco layer 2 and 3 network switches (routing, VLAN, etc.)
* Cisco ASA firewalls
* VMWare ESXi hosts and vSphere
* EMC VNX NAS devices
* Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) server cluster
* Open Source applications and infrastructure components (Bind, DHCP, Linux desktop environments & productivity applications, NoMachine (NX), etc.)
* Windows Server / Active Directory implementation and integration with Linux systems (Group policy, LDAP, etc.)
* Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)/InTune system management
* Software as a Service (SaaS) systems (Office 365, Ubuntu Landscape, etc.)
* OS specific scripting (Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
The primary focus of a Systems Administrator is to support and administer Yarde Metals Inc. technology infrastructure and provide advanced technical support. Systems Administrators, collaboration with the IT Operations Manager and IT Operations team, ensure the operational capabilities of computer, server, network, applications and storage systems by accomplishing MACs (moves, adds, changes) to existing hardware and software, providing a path of escalation for complex or high risk IT incidents, problems and service requests, diagnosing issues, and identifying and working assigned projects.
The Systems Administrator will:
* Identify and implement improvements to technology infrastructure.
* Recommend improvements to systems and IT support processes.
* Assist with improving architecture, procedural, and implementation standards.
* Review and manage monitoring systems and allocation of systems and storage to identify usage trends.
* Apprise IT management of risks, impending incidents, and operational exceptions.
* Create and maintain content in IT Knowledge Base to support daily operational tasks.
* Deliver training and transfer of knowledge to end users and team members.
* Develop quality documentation of technical processes and procedures.
* Identify and close any gaps in existing documentation.
* Document all direct end user support and project work.
* Provide after hours on-call support for incidents, problems, and service requests.
* Perform additional responsibilities and work on special projects as assigned.
* High School graduate or equivalent, BA/BS in related field preferred
* Progressive experience directly related to the duties of the position
* Ability to effectively manage critical situations
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication (written & verbal), interpersonal, and customer service skills
EXPORT CONTROL COMPLIANCE & ITAR: Yarde Metals, Inc. works with technologies and materials subject to U.S. Government Export Control Laws and regulations. Upon hire, individuals must be available for work and in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120-130. Yarde Metals, Inc. reserves the right to inquire further on any matter bearing on the company s export compliance obligations.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS EXCELLENT BENEFITS. CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT WE OFFER!
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT YARDE METALS HISTORY AND WHAT WE DO* CLICK HERE
YARDE METALS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABLED/VETERANS. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CLASS.