This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description ENSCO, Inc. has an immediate need for a Systems Administrator in our Charlottesville, Virginia office to manage numerous web server and database computers. The successful applicant will install, configure, administer and optimize system software packages such as Apache, Tomcat and MySQL. This person will be part of a team that works to ensure proper system function and optimal performance.
The systems administrator will perform the following functions:
- Monitor and maintain multiple public-facing web applications serving global customers
- Lead platform architecture decisions and provide technical solutions to enhance system functionality
- Installation and configuration of software, releases, patches, and post install validation following a strict change control and release process
- Resolution of highly complex availability, capacity, security and performance issues
- Prepare technical documentation, migration procedure documents and test plans
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with hardware, software and operating systems
- Schedule and execute regular deployments as needed and support urgent systems issues as needed.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in systems administration
- Experience configuring, deploying, administering and optimizing a variety of IT Servers including both Windows and Linux
Hands-on experience with the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Redhat or CentOS Linux
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Implementing, monitoring and adjusting system backup procedures to ensure data and computer systems are recoverable
- Developing, maintaining, testing and implementing business continuance strategies and procedures
- Recommending and implementing security structures to protect systems
- Planning, coordinating and providing technical assistance in changing system elements or operational procedures to achieve defined system level agreements
- Assisting with the design, plan and implementation of new infrastructure components or changes to existing infrastructure configurations
- Identifying, investigating, evaluating, testing and recommending software and hardware components
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 3 yrs relevant exp
Security Clearance Level
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government.
Background Check Type
Applied Technology and Engineering Division
The Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division is located in Springfield, Va. The ATE Division is the rail industry s source for high-speed and intercity rail safety, track inspection systems, track inspection services, vehicle evaluation testing, rail asset management, and rail security.
ATE employees bring together decades of experience and the latest technologies, including laser scanners, real-time signal processing, machine vision, GPS/inertial navigation, wireless communication, and Web data management. The result is efficient, effective products and services that meet the precise needs of the rail community.
The ATE Division s extensive background in research and development, rail and vehicle inspection, and asset management makes ENSCO uniquely qualified to not only provide a solution the challenge at hand, but to integrate the solution with other legacy systems already in place.
Key customers include the Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. commercial rail organizations, and government agencies abroad..
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
By submitting your resume to ENSCO, you understand and agree that it may be circulated to individuals who may have an interest in your qualifications.
Additional BenefitsFlexible Spending Account Program
Credit Union Membership
Employee Assistance Program