Systems Administrator I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
NCI Information Systems, Inc.
Andrews Air Force Base, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesignated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the Helpdesk Support Customer Service Technician ( System Administrator I ), you will be expected to provide technical knowledge of concepts and principles related to supporting a Microsoft Windows client environment on a predominately laptop hardware platform. The position will function within a team of technicians providing helpdesk and desk side support to local customers and remote support services to offsite customers. The Technician will support a primary customer facility and occasionally an offsite COOP location. This position also requires support for on-call after hour services on a rotational basis. Furthermore, this position will assist and collaborate with other IT professional staff at the direction of the customer support manager. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Install, assist, and troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Symantec Anti-virus, Citrix, VPN, etc.
* Install, assist, and troubleshoot laptops, desktops, printers, multifunction devices, scanners and other various hardware technologies
* Consult with immediate supervisor or higher-level IT specialists on possible solutions
* Assist supporting Voice Over IP solution
* Create and update IT support tickets per team standard operating procedures
* Provide customer support for email, hosted applications, desktop, system and network problems within defined service-level agreements
* Walk customers through a series of troubleshooting steps to determine the severity and nature of reported IT problems
* Troubleshoot customer IT service issues to resolution or escalate to senior engineers and/or service account managers as necessary
* Ability to prioritize and independently manage time on multiple projects simultaneously
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for customer interaction and ticket documentation. Answer helpdesk calls in a timely manner and provide desk side support as needed
* Develop trusted relationships with customers by providing accurate and efficient support
* Self-identify areas of improvement related to process and technology
* Assist with the generation and maintenance of IT solution requirements
* Adhere to business casual dress code at all times
* Customer and extended team coordination and communication
* Provide on-call support
* Less than 10 percent domestic travel may be necessary (foreign travel not required)
* Flexibility with varying shift times between 0600-1800
* Active DoD secret clearance or greater
* CompTIA Security+ required; enrollment in CompTIA continuing education program is required
* The ability to physically move between three separated campus buildings
* Personal transportation capable of individual transport for offsite support within five miles of primary work location as needed
* Relocation of equipment from walking distance warehouse or within customer areas to include printers, monitors, laptops, desktops, keyboards and other peripherals
* The ability to maneuver under desks and tables
* The ability to physically move laptops, monitors, servers, keyboards and reconnect systems possibly located under desks
* The ability to work with and lift equipment up to 50 lbs
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Minimum two years of computer hardware and software support within a complex environment
* Bachelors degree in a related Information Technology; experience as a substitute to educational requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.