Systems Administrator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Black Knight Financial Services
Mendota Heights, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for deploying the release of new technologies as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
* Controls user access and passwords.
* Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
* Monitors usage and performance.
* Trains personnel on system usage.
* Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
* Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
* Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
* Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment.
* Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
* Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
* Windows Server 2008 through 2012 experience required
* VMware Version 5.x and above required
* Version 6 experience a plus
* HP Blade and Chasis Server experience preferred
* Knowledge of storage management
* Knowledge of TCP/IP
* Knowledge of network monitoring and tools
* Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
* Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
* Skill in software installation and maintenance
* Ability to work independently as well as with a team
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate professional role requiring moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Solves problems that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments. Extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach more junior technical staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four (4) or more years of demonstrated experience.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer