This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
Aspect makes it easy for you to engage with your customers. We help companies deliver remarkable customer experiences across every conversation and every channel voice, email, text, social, web through a single, elegant software platform. Whether delivered on premise, hosted, or in the cloud, this platform brings all the conversations together in one place, ensuring a consistent omni-channel customer experience each and every time. We are a global leader in providing unified interaction management, workforce optimization, and back-office solutions, seamlessly orchestrating people, processes and touch points for today s top brands. For more information, visit us at http://www.aspect.com/company/careers/
As a Systems Administer, you will act as a conscientious eye for Aspect's network surveillance. You will monitor, troubleshoot, resolve, and restore services operating the Aspect Cloud Hosting network. Working in conjunction with other Cloud Operations groups and engineers, you will support implementation and testing of new services during maintenance activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Work with R&D on feature requests, bug fixes, build releases and other items associated with Aspect s software products
*Prepare and participate in the weekly Network Maintenance Window
*Build and configure of new servers and services
*Maintain server images and the associated imaging infrastructure
*Linux and Windows: install, configure, and update packages/applications
*Install/maintain multiple product builds across the network
*Work with product configurations to optimize for hosted network performance
*Add/configure voice application resources as needed
*Plan and implement changes or additions in hosted network as needed to meet customer traffic demands
*Update files as needed to keep hosted network normalized across data centers
*Create and monitor automation scripts
*Work with Product and Project Management internally to meet customer deadlines for deployments and upgrades
*Work with QA to get new builds pushed to the network
*Work with Customer Support to resolve customer issues.
*Work with all departments when issues arise that need immediate attention.
*Create detailed procedural documentation
* 3-5+ years of experience working with networks (servers or network devices)
* 3-5+ years experience with monitoring and performance systems
* A strong knowledge of the Linux operating system
* A working knowledge of the Windows operating system
* Excellent hardware abilities, including hardware troubleshooting, network cabling, wiring, and hardware upgrades
* Candidates are expected to exhibit good judgment in all cases
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment unassisted
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work extra hours if needed
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies
* An extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
* Knowledge of BASH, Ruby, PHP
* A solid understanding of DNS
* Working familiarity with Mac OS X
* Familiarity with network monitoring suites such as Solarwinds, Nagios, and Splunk
* Active Directory
* Associate s or Bachelor s Degree in relevant field of study (Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field)
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
This position is not open to any third party recruiters, consultants and/or staffing vendors at this time.