Systems Administrator 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _DESCRIPTION:_
The primary role of the System Administrator is to review, establish and maintain IT best practices, standards, processes, integrity of assigned clients IT environment. This includes, but is not limited to: Networks, Servers, Storage Systems, Workstations, Computing Peripherals, Applications and customer-facing hosted and cloud environments. The System Administrator also supports the Service Desk as an escalation point. Majority of the System Administrator's role is performed on-site, but they will also perform remote support as well. Additionally, projects and other tasks may be assigned as needed.
* - Establish and implement IT standards, processes and best practices.
* - Re-align clients' systems that are out of alignment
* - Develop a deep understanding of assigned client's IT and business environment
* - Onboard new clients
* - Act as a virtual IT Manager for assigned clients, establish business relationship and position yourself as a trust ed advisor for their IT needs
* - Review assigned clients' IT environment, develop and implement a plan to reduce reactive issues
* - Develop and present recommendations for improving assigned clients' IT environment
* - Review, administer and re-align assigned clients' network and security technology
* - Review, administer and re-align assigned clients' Microsoft products/services/technologies including Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, O365 and Office.
* - Review, administer and re-align assigned clients' Hardware related to servers and workstations
* - Review, administer and re-align assigned clients' Storage Systems including NAS and SAN technologies.
* - Review, administer and re-align assigned clients' Virtual environments including VMware, Microsoft, HyperV
* - Review, administer and re-align assigned clients' BDR solutions
* - Resolve service requests/alerts with a sense of urgency, within the specified SLA, ensuring satisfaction.
* - Implement projects and other tasks assigned to you
* - Participation in the On-call rotation.
* Possess and demonstrate a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service to clients.
* Ability to work and thrive under pressure
* Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and focus on the task at hand
* Demonstrate the ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner.
* Establish the ability to take initiative independent of direct supervision.
* Ability to work in a team, communicate effectively and avoid confrontations/conflicts
* Advanced and Superior diagnostic skills of technical issues around Microsoft server technologies
* Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
* Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
* Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
* Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
* Requirement: Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
* Employer-Contributed Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
* Employee Product Discount
* Employee Training and Certs Paid by Employer
* Paid Holidays
* Regular Company Sponsored Luncheons
* Travel Re-imbursement
* Company Provided Computer Equipment