This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Are you a highly skilled Windows IT professional looking for a challenging position with a variety of responsibilities* We have an opening that will allow you to utilize your technical expertise in a fast-paced environment.
* Troubleshoot and repair desktop technologies, printers, and handheld devices
* Perform operating system administration for local and remote systems including installation, software patch, system security, data backup, disc array management, and problem analysis activates
* Provide support, troubleshooting, and design for our VMware environment as well as general system administration
* Expand automation for our VMware environment as well as SRM functions and DR capabilities
* Make recommendations and/or participate in system architecture and design
* Collaborate with IT teams to define and develop documented policies, procedures, and processes such as operational run books and system monitoring
* Make presentations to executive team, customers, client audiences, and professional peers
* Be on call to support essential business clients and emergency situations
* Assume lead on new technically advanced projects
* Provide purchase justifications and project benefit analysis
* Minimum of three years of systems administration experience
* Ability to diagnose hardware/OS problems and to optimize system setups for complex application environments
* Experience with Windows Server and Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux a plus)
* Knowledge of Windows scripting including PowerShell, Batch, and VBS
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with platform hardware and OS level support
* Knowledge and hands-on experience working with VMware in a large enterprise environment
* Understanding of enterprise class SAN, NAS, and backup technologies
* Solid knowledge of load balancing, clustering, and name lookup (DNS) and troubleshooting skills
* Skilled with assisting with the design of infrastructure projects
* Capable of writing proposals, procedures, policies, and technical documentation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management
* Bachelor s in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
* Certification in VMware, MS (MCSE), or Linux
* Hardware experience (Dell, Cisco, NetApp)
* Experience in vendor product evaluation (hardware, software, service providers)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.