Systems Administrator - 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 4/26/2017
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Systems Administrator will be responsible for the management of client environments around the country, and within our cloud application environment. This role will involve the installation, configuration, upgrading, troubleshooting, and performance management of applications and databases within client environments of all sizes, operating system platforms, and technical complexity and Network Operation Center.
* Install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot multi-site Linux/UNIX and Windows based Netsmart application environments for both turn-key and cloud clients
* Support enterprise database systems; MS-SQL, Intersystems Cach , and Oracle included
* Complete basic Windows or Linux administration tasks, including patching, configuration of server roles and features, and installation of software packages
* Support network and storage environments including SAN, clustering, load balancing, multi-site VPNs, network IDS, firewalls, and application delivery/virtualization products such as Citrix
* Complete various documentation assignments, as assigned by departmental management or team leaders, including: white papers, work instructions, wiki articles, client documentation, site sheets, knowledgebase articles, purchased product documentation, client communication, and other document types
* Provide exceptional customer service to Netsmart customers including rapidly responding to customer inquiries, addressing customer complaints, escalating customer issues to departmental leadership, and providing follow-up communications per departmental guidelines
* Work within the HIPAA and ISO 27000 series security and privacy governess models in implementing and securing client environments
* Additional tasks assigned by department management, appropriate for the employees demonstrated level of expertise
* Follow departmental processes and policies
* Experience working with the Windows Server Platform, enterprise management experience a plus
* Experience working with SQL Server enterprise database systems, performing installation setup, basic configuration and troubleshooting. Experience with performance monitoring, and optimization a plus
* Experience working with VMware or other enterprise virtualization technologies in a live, production environment
* Experience implementing and troubleshooting server systems in WAN/LAN environments
* General understanding of network security technologies including firewall, VPN and IDS
* Working knowledge of IT standards, concepts, best practices, and procedures relies on knowledge, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purposes of both communicating with System Engineering team members as well as to other staff members
* Ability to prioritize attention and workload to focus on customer priorities
* Working knowledge of standard networking, systems and database principles
* Works well under pressure
* Must possess creative problem solving skills
* Demonstrates strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
* Must work well within a time sensitive environment
* Strong communication skills, with fluency in written as well as verbal English essential
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent practical experience
Other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401(k) Plan/EAP
To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site, facebook or twitter account.
Ignite your career today!