Systems Analyst - Defined Contributions/ DCE (Atlanta, GA or Orlando, FL; may consider virtual for a highly qualified
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For A Systems Analyst Health and Welfare
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Defined Benefits Administration (DCE) business group within Aon Hewitt, in Atlanta, GA.
The Systems Analyst (SA) is responsible for configuring our benefits administration system in compliance with the specific client requirements for a new service or a change to existing service. The SA is responsible for documenting and escalating unique variances to our standards and assisting with solutions to meet the client needs. The SA delivers clear analysis, test plans, and standard operating procedures which accurately reflect the technical capacities of the system and address the requirements of the client. The SA is also responsible for coordinating and coaching other team members (i.e., Setup Configuration Specialists) on system configuration and test execution of the technology platform.
YOUR IMPACT AS A SYSTEMS ANALYST
* Understand a client s business and functional requirements for their benefits plan and translate those requirements into system specifications.
* Work with the Lead Systems Analysts and the Benefits Service Manager to clarify requirements.
* Design, update, and deliver unit, integration, regression, and acceptance test plans based on configuration completed in the system.
* Review analysis and test plan documentation created by others and evaluate the results of test execution.
* Execute system configuration according to analysis and technical requirements. Execute test plans and record results.
* Coordinate and coach Setup Configuration Specialists (SCS) on the configuration and testing of the technology platform, as well as defect management.
* Assist with the deployment (or migration) of new system updates into the production environment.
* Provide service specific expertise for data, foundation, and systems analysis and incorporate recommended updates to analysis based on review.
* Coach team members on technical and proprietary tools required to configure, test, debug, monitor, and report on system specifications.
* Coordinate the work of aligned team members, monitor task completion, and communicate team schedule and status.
* Support production environment (defects and trends) and execute workflow and defect management.
* Create and maintain standard operating procedures.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 2-5 years related work experience
* Knowledge of system capabilities and functionality.
* Experience with project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
* Experience in the development and implementation of software solutions.
* Experience as Setup Configuration Specialist or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with benefits administration preferably in the Health and Welfare arena.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Ability to translate client requirements and/or legislation into system specifications and test plan
* Understanding of different file formats and structures as well as understanding of data models
* Understanding of Defined Benefit plans and regulations.
* Relational database experience, preferably SQL Server
* HTML experience preferred
* Bachelor s degree in (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420435
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, GA, Atlanta