Sr. Systems Analyst (Financial Services)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
Baker & Taylor Inc.
This is a great opportunity to work in Baker & Taylor s Financial Services group. The position offers growth potential, training, work-life balance and a casual work environment. The Financial Systems Analyst is a great technical problem solver, creates new processes that serves business needs, and can see enhancements to systems through to the end. It will be a rewarding career opportunity for someone who enjoys systems administration, likes to make enhancements, plan, build and administer applications, and help others solve problems.
The Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for the administration and support of financial database applications built within the Infor CPM software product including all data extract processes and resulting feeds. The Analyst serves as a secondary support contact for users who may need assistance and/or data from the system. The analyst is responsible for maintenance, basic configuration, reporting and training. The analyst will also interface with the user base to make minor system enhancement suggestions based on feedback and current system assessment.
* Provide technical & functional support for Infor CPM including:
* System code/formula modifications relative to business change
* Web front-end changes and enhancements based on user need
* Resolution of database and application issues
* Help desk assistance to the end user community
* Maintaining the functional design of all data load processes
* Research and contribute to special projects such as system implementations, integrations and upgrades
Support and enhance the transition of data to and from Infor CPM utilizing associated SQL development tools and MS Access
* Maintain and verify that routine system jobs and backups are performed properly
* Adequately communicate with vendor technical support to resolve system issues and make system improvements
* Recommend, gain approval and implement enhancements to Infor CPM, including procedural and technical improvements to streamline budgeting and other processes
* Enhance current database structure to support Finance needs.
* Degree or commensurate experience; AS/BS/BA degree and/or four to six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Relevant system administration experience, such as SQL, SQL Server, Hyperion, and/or Infor CPM (preferred)
* System language skills including SQL (with usage of Visual Studio preferred)
* Advanced PC skills in MS Office (primarily Excel and Access) required
* Knowledge of Crystal Reports a plus.
* Basic understanding of budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis fundamentals, including experience with financial models is helpful, but not required.
* Basic understanding of financial statements including Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow
* Ability to research and interpret technical documentation such as release manuals and install guides
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of users and managers
* Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments with direction
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Ability to assimilate information provided in various mediums (written, oral, diagram or schedule) and utilize to make sound systems/business decisions
Some work from home available; schedule is 7:15 am - 4:15pm or 9am - 6pm, or variation of those hours depending on preference and manager approval.
This employer participates in E-Verify. Baker-Taylor will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Baker-Taylor is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employment here is based solely upon an individual's merit and qualifications directly related to the position. Baker & Taylor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. We make all reasonable accommodations to meet the obligations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.