System Configuration Specialist - Entry Level System Testing / SQL (Grads in MIS/CS/CIS/IS/Math etc) Newport Beach,
AON IS LOOKING FOR SYSTEMS CONFIGURATION SPECIALISTS
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Large Market Benefits Outsourcing group within Aon Hewitt. This early career role is an ideal opportunity for first time job changers or candidates who have already graduated from college (June 2016 and prior).
PLEASE NOTE THE START DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS JANUARY 16TH, 2017.
YOUR IMPACT AS A SYSTEM CONFIGURATION SPECIALIST (SCS)
The System Configuration Specialist (SCS) is responsible for configuring and testing Aon Hewitt s proprietary Total Benefit Administration (TBA) System based on analysis documents of client requirements. Configuring involves using graphical user interface tools to customize code to fix a system defect or update the system per change orders. SCSs are responsible for testing the code and debugging issues/defects prior to the code being moved to production.
* Configures the Total Benefits Administration System for new client project requests based upon complete requirements
* Problem solves systematic issues by analyzing the TBA System to determine gaps in functionality compared to client requirements
* Collaborates with other Aon colleagues to ensure successful project completion
* Demonstrates quality assurance fundamentals by executing test plans to ensure client requirements meet systematic specifications
* Provides creative solutions to continuously improve and optimize client delivery
* Develops queries using Structured Query Language (SQL) to solve client issues
* Leverages basic relational database concepts to increase mastery of technology solutioning
* Emphasizes the use of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and associated methodologies from all colleagues
* Manages own work and communicates status to team
* Opportunity to oversee and coach others with regards to a specific process or processes
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles/concepts.
* Interpret and understand conditional statements (i.e., If/Then/Else).
* Apply basic relational database concepts (e.g., table relationships, keys).
* Knowledge of and ability to write basic SQL and DB2 queries.
* Troubleshoot basic system defects and errors.
* Ability to interpret and understand typical client requirements documentation.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Bachelor s degree with a preferred focus (major or minor) in an analytical area of study, including but not limited to Management Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Analytics
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420257
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, CA, Newport Beach