Systems Deployment Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
TransCore Intelligent Transportation Systems
TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Systems Deployment Manager to join our team in Houston, Texas.
The System Deployment Manager is responsible for coordination and direct oversight of the Infinity System build-out team (hardware and software) in our staging facility. The candidate will be responsible for oversight of the Testing, Configuration, and Assembly teams to ensure the successful system set up and delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develops and implements procedures and processes in the production area to meet quality, schedule and cost objectives.
* Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
* Establishes and prioritizes production plans based on production introduction, equipment efficiency, material and manpower resources necessary.
* Plans and manages the budgets for labor, including variances and variable department expenses.
* Provides leadership and makes available the training needed to establish a strong process focus.
* Ensures all hardware and software build requirements are met by managing the technical support staff and direct labor force using production supervision as well as direct management of employees.
* Estimates project sizes, in terms of schedule, cost and staffing.
* Creates task schedules, tracks progress and ensures timely completion of projects.
* Selects, rewards and develops team members to ensure efficient participative operation of the production and process function.
* Coordinates production plans with Sales and Project Management.
* Manage the setup of the staging area for configuration of equipment.
* Guide and direct Staging Technicians to load the appropriate software modules.
* Guide and direct work with Configuration Technicians to configure the tolling equipment modules based on the installed customer business rules.
* Guide and direct QA team in performance of validation procedures.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and/or Manufacturing. Combination of education and experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Prior experience coordinating with sales and projects to coordinate a build/production plan and will be required to produce monthly plans and staging reports.
* Management of large multi-functional technical teams including hardware technicians, software configuration technicians and QA resources.
* Direct experience planning production schedules and coordinating with projects.
* Proven record of cost management.
* Strong people and management skills.
* Familiarity with Operating systems including Linux and Windows embedded software.
* Database administration and disaster recovery systems setup.
A leader in the transportation industry since 1934, TransCore provides innovative, technical solutions including next generation Open Road Tolling, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Radio Frequency Identification systems that secure access and vehicle registration for airports, hospitals, parking garages, border patrols, trucking fleets and rail carriers. TransCore also operates tolling customer service centers for transportation agencies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Dubai. TransCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc., a diversified growth company in the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and Russell 1000 indices.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and r sum s are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited r sum s from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.