Systems Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
KLA-Tencor seeks a System Development Engineer. This individual will be responsible for modeling, integration and characterization of new semiconductor inspection and metrology systems. These activities will include:
* Definition and design of imaging systems and sub-systems
* Modeling from basic principles the performance of such systems, in particular the interaction of the camera sub-system with the rest of the system components
* Understanding the performance of existing systems, from signal generation through signal detection and recognition, and devising, implementing, and verifying improvements to these systems
* Defining error budgets and strategies to enable system calibration, stability, and matching
The ideal candidate:
* Is an innovative thinker, with solid background in multiple areas, preferably optical instrumentation, image sensors, data analysis, and signal processing
* Is capable and willing to design, build and use optical lab setups incorporating high speed electronics
Background in any of the following is strongly preferred:
* CCD & CMOS sensors
* Image sensor electronics
* Optical microscopy
* Detection system modeling
* Control systems
* Light sources
The candidate should be a self-motivated individual with ability to multitask.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are also needed for extensive interactions with members of a multi-disciplinary global team.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 2 years of experience.ORMaster's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience.ORBachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development