Systems Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
As a member of the WLAN PHY systems team, the candidate will participate in the design and characterization of cutting edge WLAN products. The candidate should exhibit strong technical leadership by taking ownership of large modules and complex problems, and providing technical guidance to junior members of the team. The requirements include, but not limited to:
* PHY algorithm design and development from concept to production; requires extensive characterization on silicon, and ability to debug issues on chip and identify/implement enhancements back into system model.
* Understanding of complete end-to-end WLAN system is a strong advantage, including radio, PHY, MAC and SW. Candidate should be able to apply knowledge of complete WLAN system to make PHY feature development more robust and effective.
* Good grasp of C coding fundamentals for both system simulations as well as driver code development is a strong plus.
* Draw concepts from wireless communication theory to test performance and identify system deficiencies
* Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with Wireless Communications or Signal Processing focused and experience in commercial product development environment
* Must clearly understand fundamentals of Digital Communication theory, MIMO-OFDM, Signal Processing
* Experience with MATLAB, C/C++ and scripting/automation tools
* Familiarity with WLAN standards
* Strong communications and multitasking skills; be able to work with multi-disciplinary team to develop algorithms that span PHY, MAC and software
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.