Systems Design Engineer V 9/14/2016
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: San Diego (KAB)
Job Code: 3661
# of openings: Direct Unfunded or Contingent
Requisition Category:KAB Laboratories, Inc. (http://kablab.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc., which specializes in Systems and Software Engineering for intelligence systems, is seeking a full-time Systems Design Engineer V with at least 10 years of related experience for on-site technical support for information warfare, intelligence, network and/or space systems planning and execution for work in San Diego, CA.
Summary: Responsible for on-site technical support for intelligence/network/pace systems planning and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
* Develops alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk. Monitors and re-evaluates risks at appropriate milestones.
* Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
* Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology.
* Improves standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance.
* Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications related to Signals Intelligence, Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Network, and Space-Related programs of record.
* Supports Technical reviews, program management, and program execution of cutting edge technology.
* Interacts with the Government and Contract personnel regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations with an emphasis on national systems.
* Communicates with other program personnel, government leadership, and senior executives to maximize understanding of goals and objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
* Ten (10) years experience in Systems Engineering related to Intelligence, Space or Network systems.
* Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
* Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. citizens.
* DoD System Architecture and system design documentation.
* Extensive knowledge of reach back capabilities within theater architecture(s) and Fleet architectures.
* Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Effective team player with highly proficient customer service skills.
* Advanced level user in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio).
* Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Expert knowledgeable in Intelligence, Space, and/or network operations.
* Ability to work individually and on team projects in an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
* Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
* Ability to handle prolonged sitting and use of computers (typing, keyboarding).
KAB Laboratories, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.