Systems Engineer 9/10/2016
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a DoD security clearance required.
Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, or evaluate military weapons systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. Develop architecture (DoDAF), requirements (INCOSE) and interface artifacts for complex software systems. Perform systems engineering activities within an agile program environment. Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management. Analyzes designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems, or management information systems. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Other duties as required.
* Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
* BS degree in related technical field and 4-12 years prior relevant experience OR Master s degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience; May possess a Doctorate in a technical domain.
* Experience developing requirements, user stories (Agile), test cases and / or architecture to satisfy mission objectives and integrate into a system of systems environment.
* Experience working with users to understand operational conditions to synthesize system and software requirements and user interfaces.
* Experience with Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) development tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Nexus, and Stash-Git/Subversion.
* Experience using DOORS to support mission critical requirements definition and analysis.
* Ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
* System analysis and consolidation of redundant functionality.
* Test product development representing end item capabilities (manual, automated).
* Experience in authoring documents (CONOPS, reports, briefings, etc,) to support customer missions.
* Demonstrated ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems and meet client requirements.
* Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment.
* Excellent presentation preparation, briefing skills and project management experience.
* Demonstrated strong performance as a Systems Engineer, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle including testing and support to DT&E/OT&E.
* Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
* Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills.
* Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
* Demonstrated strong background in Safety Engineering and application of Safety Standards (MIL-STD-882; Joint Software System Safety Handbook).
* Experience on a computer system for weapons control.
* Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems.
AASKI provides an excellent package of comprehensive benefits for full-time employees beginning the first day of employment.
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
* 10 Paid Holidays; 3 weeks Paid Time Off.
* 401k Retirement Plan with employer match.
* Life Insurance and AD&D; Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance and AD&D.
* Long and Short Term Disability.
* Flexible Spending Account.
* Discounted Legal Service, Income Protection, Discounted Home & Auto.
Experience working in a CMMI Level 3 project/business environment a plus for all open positions. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability. All employees of the Company are employed At Will. This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability.