This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
COX Automotive is seeking a Systems Engineer in the Austin, TX area.
Job Summary: The Systems Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The System Engineer takes a primary tactical role in the ownership of projects and issues as assigned. This individual serves as liaison between project teams, coordinating with system administrators and development teams to solve problems, and provide solutions and improve processes.
* Monitor, performance tune, troubleshoot and resolve systems problems to ensure platform availability.
* Maintain documentation of systems technical configuration.
* Provision servers and services while following change management processes.
* Work with server patch management processes and procedures to facilitate deployment.
* Apply skills to automate routine maintenance tasks.
* Minimum 5 years of experience working with VMWare and/or other virtualization technologies.
* Experienced in providing end-to-end support of Windows based infrastructure across distributed platforms. This includes Active Directory, Group Policy, Powershell, IIS, DNS, etc.
* Capability to troubleshoot x86 based physical server hardware.
* Experience with Linux operating systems, cloud platforms such as Azure/AWS, and industry certifications is considered a plus.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-TX-Austin-10415 Morado Circle
Job Level:Individual Contributor