This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:Manages infrastructure related to networks and related hardware and software to ensure availability, recoverability, performance, integrity and supportability through production support and maintenance of existing network and development and implementation of network enhancements
Troubleshoots straightforward networking problems independently by investigating underlying problems
Designs networking infrastructure and interfaces to external networks
Participates in the design of new or modified LANs/WANs and advises on network design
Provides cost/benefit analysis on moderately to highly complex projects
Participates in evaluation of vendor proposals
Conducts network studies and performance analyses and recommends changes
Advises developers in design of new applications by providing expertise on systems
capabilities and constraints
May function in a lead capacity within department and represent department in workflow, escalation discussions with others
Leads implementation and deployment efforts on intermediate projects Qualifications:Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent training and experience in Electrical or Computer science
Approximately 6-9 years experience in Network Planning, Designing & Engineering
CCNAand CCNP preferred Other Information:- Provides strong level troubleshooting on unique problems unanswered at lower levels
- Serves as an senior level technical resource for an enterprise-wide application
- Recommends systems integration required to support business applications needs
- Strong ability to participate and at times lead the implementation and deployment efforts on large projects
- Demonstrates expert understanding of servers and utilities by designing methods to ensure high performance
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of disaster recovery procedures
- Articulates expected benefits and potential limitations of product solution to users
- Assesses implementation options and recommends most appropriate process to the client
- Ensures adherence of team to testing and installation procedures and resolves deviations with appropriate resources, on schedule and according to implementation plan- Approximately 3 - 6 years of experience as web application administrator/engineer
- Understanding of IT-related systems; implementations, operations, and support
- In depth experience in various application and web servers; such as Java and J2EE
- Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss and WebSphere) / Web Servers (Apache, IIS6, IIS7)
- Comfortable administering and supporting search engine platforms; preferably Endeca.
- Experience in using different testing tools, scripting and automation
- Effective written and oral communication skills (must be able to articulate technical designs, strategies, and problems to management)
- Technical knowledge of application networking, firewalls, load balancing applications, databases, operating systems (Linux and Windows) and ensuring fault tolerance for applications
- Understanding of common network [protocols (HTTP(s), SSH) and SSL], subnetting & routing.
- Experience and ability to reverse engineer systems for troubleshooting
- Thorough understanding of monitoring systems and monitoring methodology; SiteScope, DynaTrace Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .