Provides design support, engineering analysis to engineers engaged in electro-mechanical module/system design and development. Responsible for project management, design reviews, technical proposals and documents release. Performs prototype construction, breadboard evaluation, qualification testing and evaluates results. Performs cost/performance trades and makes recommendations for design improvements.
* Designs and develops electro-mechanical module and system from concept to release
* Works with management and other engineers to help define and design relays and assemblies, electrical power distribution systems. Assists in coordinating such designs with customer design engineers
* Develops basic design concept layout, analysis data, sketches and notes necessary for complete design proposals
* Assists in the definition of performance specifications, assembly layouts and installation requirements
* Generates source control, product control and manufacturing spec drawings
* Oversees and directs technicians in building prototypes and qualification samples
* Actively participates in Lean and 6S initiatives
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Performs other duties as required
* A Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or University in Mechanical Engineering discipline
* Min of 7 years of relevant experience
* Must have effective written and verbal communication, Project management, technical presentation and design review skills
* Knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) 3D design and analysis, understand ASME Y14.5 standards
* Must be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Master s degree in Mechanical Engineer discipline
* Knowledge of aircraft installation and techniques preferred
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes and tooling preferred
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for employees new in their role: As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
Esterline is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).