Systems Engineer Civilian FAA, DOT, DOJ, EPA and Labor - 8099
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks pre-sales Systems engineer you and your Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective Civilian customers including the FAA, DOT, DOJ, EPA and Labor.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches. Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances. Successful candidate must have experience selling into Civilian Agencies.
* Home office Set up, Virginia corridor
* Will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective Civilian customers
* Creating and delivering demonstrations of the products
* Gathering customer technical requirements
* Creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
* Work closely with customers as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of issues, and will be the customers advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ TAC
* Provide feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base
* BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
* Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
* Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
* Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Clearance desired or ability to get TS clearance
* Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
* Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
* "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary
to assist in closing a deal * Prior startup experience
* Super organizational skills
* Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
* Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.