Systems Engineer CyberSecurity Michigan - 7626 8/31/2016
Palo Alto Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Systems Engineer EndPoint Cyber Security. Michigan
As a Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer, you will be the expert for our EndPoint Cyber Security solutions vertical within our offering. You are the go to resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE s, but augment them with SE Specialists/CEs in the advanced or new technology areas). You will be required to:
* Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to manager.
*Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with.
*Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative.
*Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE s) that showcase our unique value.
*Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner.
The SE Specialist role is an overlay technical role that must directly support sales delivery of quota. SE Specialists are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. As the number of SE Specialists in the company is small, there is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
* Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
* Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre sales' process for strategic opportunities. The SE Specialist will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities.
* Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
* Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in existing datacenter environments.
* Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities.
* Provide territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required.
* Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite.
* 4+ years of technical hands-on experience with application security/endpoint security.
* 4+ years of experience as a pre-sale engineer facing customers; Experience working with FIs is an advantage; preferably working in a start-up and vendor environment.
* Solid understanding of web applications, web protocols, security and Internet environments.
* Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime.
* Experience with common enterprise desktop software deployment methodologies.
* Experience installing, configuring and integrating a complex Security environment.
* Experience understanding malware, exploits, operating system structure and behavior.
* Demonstrable experience in securing these environments.
* BSCS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator.
* Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting.
* Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable.)
* Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning * Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing.)
* Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security product.
* Travel of 40%-60% within the designated region.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.