Systems Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
As a member of the Research and Development team the candidate will provide network security design, installation, support, and system administration support for Computer Network Defense Systems (CNDS). Candidate will perform product testing, product evaluation and reviews, network design, and system development of Information Assurance (IA) and network systems. Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Be knowledgeable with CND Information Assurance (IA) systems
* Have advanced knowledge of IP networking and protocols
* Must be able to analyze network traffic at the packet level
* Have solid working knowledge of: LAN/WAN infrastructures, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, network security, data backup/recovery systems
* Have a strong background in network and host based security (Firewall, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, etc.)
* Be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
* Requires DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certifications
* Must have one of the following security certifications: GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP
* Must have one Operating System (Microsoft or UNIX) certification
* Requires a minimum of a Secret security clearance
* Ten (10) years of experience in relevant technical field, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C5ISR requirements
* Five (5) years of technical experience in support of task specific project. Note: Experience may be concurrent
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Top Secret clearance strongly desired
* Knowledge of systems engineering activities and process improvement approaches
* Knowledge of Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
* Candidate must be knowledgeable working with Information Assurance, network, and test systems
* Candidates must possess strong network skills to include router and switch design, VPN, load balancing design (Brocade, Cisco, Juniper), and routing (OSPF required, BGP helpful) (Professional / Expert level certifications
* Candidates should possess expert/intermediate level understanding of at least one current version of a major operating system (MS Windows Server or LINUX/UNIX (Red Hat Enterprise Server))
* Strong background with application proxy firewall design, configuration, and administration (Secure Computing/McAfee Secure Firewall experience
* McAfee Intrusion Prevention Systems including Intrushield/Network Security Platform (NSP) and Network Security Manager (NSM), McAfee EWSA, McAfee ePo/HBSS
* Experience operating test equipment (Spirent, BreakingPoint (preferred), Ixia) strongly desired. Experience working with LAN/WAN test tools desired (Spirent, Shunra)
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
* This position requires a large amount of documentation
* The candidate must possess excellent skills in writing technical documents and creating Visio diagrams.
* Have a solid understanding of current network security design best practices. Knowledge of CND ashore and afloat systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled