Systems Engineer III 8/30/2016
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: San Diego (KAB)
Job Code: 3637
# of openings: Direct Unfunded or Contingent
Requisition Category:KAB Laboratories, Inc. ( http://kablab.com ) is seeking a Systems Engineer III with at least 5 years experience for work in San Diego, CA. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment read on!
Summary: Develops system requirement specifications for mechanical, structural or electrical/electronic design by analyzing user's requirements, concept of operations documents and high level system architectures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops "shall" statements and follows those statements through the engineering process.
* Develops test plans and use cases utilizing existing models or develops own modeling tools, e.g., C++, MATLAB.
* Develops and documents technical documentation utilizing DOORS.
* Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
* Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
* Contributes to the technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include network analysis, functional allocation, systems requirements reviews, interface standards and system architectures.
* Contributes to the design and execution of unit, system and operational test and evaluation.
* Works with software and hardware teams to translate shall statements into testable requirements.
* Analyzes system requirements and supports design and development activities.
* May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
* Frequently interacts with customers and functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, oversee production, and maintain work schedules.
* Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers and senior executives.
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline or Industrial Design.
* Five (5) years of professional experience.
* Experience with complex engineering systems that include software, hardware and firmware requirements.
* Current Secret Security Clearance.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
* Experience with Navy Combat Systems (AEGIS, SSDS, Fire Control systems).
* Knowledge of Requirements Tools, such as DOORS.
* DoD System Architecture and system design documentation.
* Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Effective team player with highly proficient customer service skills.
* Advanced level user in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio).
* Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team oriented environment.
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
* Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, and walk. * Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.
KAB Laboratories and its subsidiaries are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.