Systems Engineer - IS Platform Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. The focus for this position will be on systems security, coupled with strong customer service communications skills, but other tasks will come up that will require your attention. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. You will be leveraging Windows Server operating systems to run on VMWare as well as physical servers.
* Systems security and compliance management.
* Manage and monitor all installed Windows Server class systems and infrastructure
* Install, configure, test and maintain Windows Server class operating systems, application software and system management tools
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
* Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
* Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
* Provide 2nd and 3rd level support and function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Demonstrated expertise implementing, managing and supporting Microsoft Desktop tools including operating systems, office systems, and support tools in an enterprise environment
* Demonstrated expertise managing the entire desktop or server architecture lifecycle, including desktop image and software package management in a Microsoft Active Directory environment. This includes QA processes, image and package creation, QA, documentation, deployment and management. Tool set experience should include Microsoft deployment tools, SCCM and other packaging tools
* Experience implementing, managing and supporting mobile system desktop tools including operating systems, office systems and support tools in an enterprise environment
* Demonstrated successful experience in enterprise desktop patch and security management. This includes using system tools to test, QA, deploy, and manage desktop security and updates
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong customer service abilities serving both internal and external customers
* Flexible and adaptable to changing activities, schedules and work loads
* Ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete most multiple projects in an organized, process oriented
* 5+ years experience in Windows or Unix, Server or Desktop architecture
Systems Engineer IS Platform Services