Systems Engineer IV (Network Communications)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2017
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: San Diego, CA
Job Code: 3645
# of openings: Direct Unfunded or Contingent
Requisition Category:KAB Laboratories, Inc. (http://kablab.com) is seeking a Systems Engineer IV (Network Communications) with 8 years experience in San Diego, CA. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment read on!
Summary: A team member working with network architects, engineering leads and other systems engineering peers on architecture and system designs, requirements development, related to networking design, implementation, testing and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform trade study and critical experiment on new network hardware including obsolescence study, product specification analysis, and concept development and test.
* Develop engineering documents and white papers to capture merits of new hardware and design. Collaborated with customer and vendor to solve system and equipment limitations or defects.
* Perform detail network design to ensure the new network is meeting mission specification requirements including scalability, reliability, survivability, and performance. Develop detail network design documents and diagrams of expected network architecture and determine details of element configuration.
* Perform requirements and development including review of top level requirements, derive system and subsystem level requirements, perform functional analysis and allocation, and determine proper requirements verification and validation methods.
* Participate as a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) responsible for Engineering Difficulty Reporting (EDR) defect resolution and engineering changes.
* Work with personnel in both the home IPT as well as personnel in other related engineering disciplines to correct defects and participate in testing and validation of system requirements
* Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of project to achieve schedule, financial, and technical goals as assigned.
* Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline, or Mathematics, or a related engineering field with relevant professional experience.
* Systems engineering position with 8 or more years experience.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
* Expertise in military and commercial communications and network systems including architecture, design, implementation, production, operation and support.
* Familiarity with COTS switching and networking products, network architecture quality attribute concepts including scalability, reliability, survivability, and performance.
* Working knowledge of network routing protocols such as OSPF, Multicast PIM, IP addressing, VLANs, and HSRP, etc
* Employ a functional knowledge of a wide variety of System Engineering processes into a system architecture/design.
* Must be self-motivated and possess good written & oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills.
* Desire and ability to work as a team member is essential with good communication and demonstrated team leadership skills.
* Must be customer focused and able to close out projects completely within schedule & budget.
* Must be adaptable and willing to work varying assignments.
* Combat System Design & Integration.
* Validation & verification experience.
* Experience with integration of products on US Navy warships.
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
* Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, and walk.
* Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.
KAB Laboratories and its subsidiaries are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.