This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Meggitt Sensing Systems (MSS) is seeking a System Engineer to join our engineering teams developing Tire Pressure Monitoring and Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) fluid level products. These systems consist of systems comprising analog and digital electronics, along with associated software and algorithms. This is a high-profile growth opportunity as Meggitt has several new programs and is looking to expand the team. This position will serve as the technical leader for several programs and has the opportunity to grow into expanded leadership roles.
* Help coordinate the technical activities on the system between the contributing disciplines - mechanical/sensor, electronics hardware and software, qualification testing and delivering the products per requirements
* Ensure that the customers' requirements for all product/module-level deliverables are clearly defined and documented
* Partner with the customer to develop a complete understanding of the customer's system and its application in the real world environment, challenging existing requirements, if appropriate, and drawing out previously unidentified/inadequately articulated requirements for the subsystem.
* Help ensure system performance in accordance with all requirements including technical, product cost and reliability- ensuring that the risks associated with the development are properly understood and eliminated.
* Responsible for leading the systems integration effort and to work with project management to ensure that sound decisions are made.
* Help coordinate a successful approach to certification including certification artifacts.
* Oversight and review of sub-contractors creating documentation.
* Ensuring that project tasks are completed by all engineers to the highest technical and quality standards by compliance to the documented standards, providing technical assistance and reviewing and approving applicable designs and reports
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering required
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in System Engineering, including definition and development of multidisciplinary systems (electrical, firmware, software, mechanical, sensor)
* Experience in the analysis of system requirements and decomposition of the system requirements into subsystem requirements
* Experience with full Aircraft life cycle data (Planning, Requirements, Development, Validation/Verification & Certification) required
* Test experience with DO-160 required
* Excellent communication skills, proficient in written and verbal English.
* Aircraft certification practices. Experience with DO 178 and DO 254 preferred
* Sensor based systems experience preferred.
* DOORS experience highly preferred.
* FAA and EASA certification preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.