Systems Engineer (20160445)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over twenty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide and Americas headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of motive power, reserve power, aerospace/defense, and specialty batteries with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or education.
ABSL Space Products (ABSL) is the world-leading manufacturer of Lithium-ion batteries for space applications. We are seeking talented individuals who have the self-motivation and desire to become world-leaders in their field to join our office in Longmont, Colorado.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established engineer with at least 7 years of experience to join a growing international space component supplier.
Main Responsibilities of Job:
* The Systems Engineer will support space battery design and fulfillment of complex requirements documents to demonstrate battery compliance to specifications
* The Systems Engineer will coordinate and validate project testing and analyses plans/reports against customer requirements
* Research, plan, and implement new requirements tracking system
* Support/plan the upscreening of terrestrial parts for space use
* Support business development in assessing and responding to new opportunities
* Design robust circuitry for battery monitoring, service, and protection
* The Systems Engineer will assist multi-disciplinary (thermal, electrical, mechanical) analyses and review technical reports to support programs
* Communicate directly with technical personnel in customer organizations to provide product data, field technical questions, and support technical reviews
* Assist in the development of technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
* Participate in investigations, resolutions, and product improvement meetings
* A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering; Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
* Above average Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Visio skills required, Access and VBA Skills preferred
* Experience reviewing and responding to compliance matrices, and experience with requirement tracking software required
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work within a close knit team to strict deadlines
* Space, Aerospace, or other highly regulated industry specific experience preferred
* Knowledge of, or experience with lithium-ion batteries is advantageous
* Experience with OrCAD required, SolidWorks preferred