Systems Engineer, Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSystems Engineer, Network Engineer - 1092
This is a full-time position with a long term commitment will provide paid relocation to ANCHORAGE, ALASKA.
The IP Engineer provides engineering and technical support to establish and maintain optimal performance of the Internet, voice, video, and data products and associated systems, to include supporting and administering routers, switches, servers, and related technologies; and monitoring, analyzing and correcting performance, as necessary, to ensure compliance with service level agreements.
* Ensures proper maintenance and configuration of Internet-based equipment, such as routers, switches, gateways, and other equipment.
* Participates in IP-based systems, applications, and related product strategy development and assists to execute by developing, implementing, and maintaining systems and architectures.
* Designs maintain and administer the IP network, to include routers and switches, management and provisioning systems, signaling protocols, gateways, gatekeepers, directory gatekeepers, and servers.
* Monitors and analyzes IP-based systems' operations to ensure performance falls within established operating parameters and service level agreements. Identifies problems and takes or recommends corrective action, as appropriate.
* Works with business partners to identify IP-related operational objectives, and facilitates attainment by designing, developing, recommending, and implementing approved applications within budget and design parameters.
* On a rotating basis, provides on-call support to the NOC for ISP and IP operations. Recommends procedural solutions to ISP and IP-related problems arising in the NOC, and recommends skill sets required for CT call-outs.
* Prepares ISP and IP-related engineering specifications to guide the construction and installation of ISP and telecommunications facilities.
* Provides technical guidance and training to more junior Engineers.
* Provides technical guidance and support to technicians for all aspects of ISP and IP-related construction, turn-up, testing, and maintenance.
* Advise the Manager off required field maintenance and configuration work, as appropriate.
* Bachelor`s Degree of equivalent technical experience
* A minimum of 4 years' of experience providing administrative and technical support in an ISP, Telecom, NOC, IT, or similar environment.
* Ability to perform proper maintenance and configuration of routers, switches, gateways, and other equipment.
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
* Experience also must result in demonstrable ability to act as an expert resource and provide guidance and training to junior Engineers.
* CCNP, CCDP, or MCSE is strongly preferred
* Prior experience working for an Internet Service Provider
* Willingness to continue technical training
JUST A FEW PERKS AT THIS AMAZING COMPANY!!!
* Employer-based pension with no contribution required.
* No State Tax!
* Paid Relocation
* Continued Training