Systems Engineer New Grad
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Palm Bay, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONSystems Engineer (New Grad)Job ID:
Systems Engineer (New Grad)JOB CODE:
Palm Bay/Melbourne, FL COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees - including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com. JOB DESCRIPTION Harris is searching for talented entry level Systems Engineers to join the Harris team to help design and develop cutting edge communications and digital communications. Our systems engineers produce state of the art systems and products in support of many domains and varied technologies. We build systems in healthcare, weather processing, air traffic control, law enforcement, aircraft avionics, satellite communications, wireless, cyber defense, environmental, and utilities. Activities may include the following:* Requirements management
* Perform operational analysis and developing concept of operations
* Develop test plans, procedures, cases
* Conduct tests and document results; the use of software tools, scripting and software/hardware troubleshooting.
* Architecture development, overall systems design.
* Analyze systems requirements from end systems and users.
* Perform cost/benefit analysis to determine most cost effective architectural and implementation approach to meet customer requirements
* Develop concept of operations, design, and implementation plans
* Develop and deliver presentations to communicate design activity plans and status to internal and external customers
* Conduct and/or participate in Safety and Risk assessments, design reviews, and working groups.* Research technical problems and document technical solutions in technical memos
* Document system requirements, concept of operations, interfaces, and system behavior using Model Based Systems Engineering. QUALIFICATIONS:* PHD in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, Aviation, or Aerospace Engineering
* GPA of 3.0 or greater required. PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:* Coursework and/or experience in systems engineering, systems architecture, systems analysis and design, system performance modeling, integration and/or project management, and/or model based systems engineering.
* Familiar with Rhapsody. Security Clearance:
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education PhD Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Palm Bay .