Systems Engineer - SLED - Phoenix, AZ - New Mexico - 7837
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Palo Alto Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Our security platform natively brings together all key network security functions, including advanced threat protection, firewall, IDS/IPS, and URL filtering. Because these functions are natively built into the platform and share important information across the respective disciplines, we ensure better security than legacy firewalls, UTMs, or point threat detection products.
With our platform, organizations can safely enable the use of all applications, maintain complete visibility and control, confidently pursue new technology initiatives like cloud and mobility, and protect the organization from cyber attacks known and unknown.
As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer you and your Sales partner are the face of Palo Alto Networks to our customers.
* Helping customers understand how network security has evolved in the past few years
* Presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution
* Creating and delivering demonstrations of the products
* Gathering customer technical requirements
* Creating evaluation test plans with customers
* Managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
* You are the face of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that we do, bring to bear all of the assets of our company from support, to professional services, to product management, to engineering, to our executives
* You and your Sales partner own the customer relationship
* Extensive domestic travel within the territory is required
* International travel may be required as necessary
* Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
* Candidates should also have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
* BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
* Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
* Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing )
* Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
* Self motivated
* Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
* Enterprise sales experience with and actionable rolodex of decision makers
* Superb organizational skill
* "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
* Experience working with named account partners and understanding of a named account/regional go to market approach
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.