Systems Engineer - Sentinel Dedicated Support Engineer 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Dedicated Support Engineer (DSE) is assigned to support one (1) of Micro Focus' largest and most strategic customers with post-implementation product support. The DSE will be on-site four (4) days per week.
The DSE will develop business relationships with the customer's technical and management staff, and support the customer by gaining first-hand knowledge of their system, configuration and business needs. The engineer will use this familiarity to accelerate response time to requests and ensure that solutions are tailored to meet customer expectations. The engineer's goals are to pro-actively help the customer avoid potential problems and maintain the environment of Micro Focus technology in an optimal and efficient manner. The engineer will be available to respond in a timely manner (defined in the contract) to any issues that may arise with the implemented Micro Focus technologies and will utilize resources within Micro Focus as needed to assist with these issues. An engineer will also listen to the needs of their customer for opportunity discovery and forward to the appropriate internal team (Sales, Services) for further development.
In this position, the DSE will cover multiple Micro Focus products and need to be a quick study on new product functionality and features. The products requiring strong experience are Sentinel and Privileged Access Manager. The DSE will need a broad mix of skills and, most importantly, the ability to work well with a structured yet dynamic environment. In addition, the DSE candidate should possess the ability to work well in highly charged situations, have strong teaming skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service.
Performance Expectations and Key Responsibilities
* Form strong business relationships with the customer at various levels throughout the organization.
* Be available 24x7 for the customer. Primarily 5x12 for all issues and 24x7 for critical issues.
* Troubleshoot and provide accurate and timely resolution to customer issues.
* Serve as a customer advocate within Micro Focus by facilitating escalation of issues through appropriate internal organizations.
* Pro-actively identify issues by becoming familiar with customer's technical and business environment while providing recommendations for resolution to these issues.
* Prevent customer issues by reviewing their Micro Focus environment regularly, report and correct issues per customer requirements.
* Share knowledge by writing technical documents and pro-actively sending helpful technical information to customer (upcoming patches, technical news, etc.).
* Document and communicate work performed in provided systems and documents as requested.
* Deliver technical presentations and/or training to diverse audiences.
* Assist in the implementation of Micro Focus products/solutions in line with specific Consulting engagements.
* Participation in projects and project management as requested by customer or Micro Focus.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience required.
* 5+ years IT/Micro Focus Services experience with product expertise with Sentinel and Privileged Access Manager.
* Position requires a strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and the ability to prioritize and organize workload to complete multiple, simultaneous projects.
* Position requires flexibility and capacity to work across a variety of activities within a matrix and virtual organizational framework.
* Ability to appropriately handle tense/stressful customer situations regarding service outages and issue resolution.
* Able to influence both internal and external stakeholders
* The ability to work seamlessly across organizations.
* DOD Secret clearance, or willingness to complete clearance process
* Willing to travel as needed
* May at times be required to work outside of standard business hours
* Location: Washington D.C.
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.