Systems Engineer - Service Provider - Cloud - 8213
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/10/2017
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are currently seeking a seasoned service provider sales engineer to help drive sales engagements from a technical perspective into the most significant accounts located at the pinnacle of our coverage pyramid.
* In this position, you will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses
* The Systems Engineer, with Service Provider Cloud/Web expertise, is directly responsible for the technical sales motion for his/her targeted prospects and customers and will coordinate technical account coverage with regional systems engineers
* The focus is on ensuring that our customers and prospects have the strongest security posture possible by selling and correctly implementing the complete Palo Alto Networks solution
* 10+ years of above quota sales engineering experience
* Experience with Major Cloud Service Providers preferably Google, Amazon, or Microsoft
* Prior experience working with,, but not limited to, s/Gi interface, next gen security gateway (RAN facing), roaming (IPX roaming side), and overall packet core/IMS experience preferable
* BS technical degree or equivalent
* Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
* Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing )
* Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
* Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
* Strong communication (written and verbal)
* Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
* Enterprise sales experience with an actionable rolodex of decision makers
* Very strong organizational skills
* "Whatever it takes" attitude
* Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.